I know that USIP has just started a PeaceTech initiative that provides
tech-related foreign aid for peacebuilding. You can look up their PeaceTech
camps in Iraq (and soon in other locations). I believe the initiative has
come out of the Science, Technology and Peacebuilding innovation centre at
USIP:
http://www.usip.org/programs/centers/science-technology-and-peacebuilding

Hope that helps.
Helena

On 20 May 2014 02:24, Terry Winograd <winog...@cs.stanford.edu> wrote:

> Zak, the person who is best qualified to talk to you about this here is
> Larry Diamond. I know there have been USAID programs and others, but don't
> know the details.
> --t
>

> On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 1:26 PM, Zak Whittington <zakwh...@stanford.edu>wrote:
>
>> I am interested in studying what current initiatives the US federal
>> government has regarding technology-related foreign aid.
>>
>> I imagine the US government provided either hardware or technical
>> training to dissidents in some of the recent uprisings in the Middle East
>> and elsewhere in the world, but I can't find much credible evidence of this
>> online.
>>
>> Anyone know of any good sources covering this, or any US agencies that
>> are focused on tech-related aid?
>>
>> Best,
>> Zak Whittington
>>

>> --
>> Liberationtech is public & archives are searchable on Google. Violations
>> of list guidelines will get you moderated:

> Liberationtech is public & archives are searchable on Google. Violations
> of list guidelines will get you moderated:

blog: http://letthemtalk.org/
twitter: https://twitter.com/helenapuigl

skype id: hpuiglarrauri
mobile #: +34 628 529 649; +1 415 359 7901
meetme: http://www.doodle.com/helenapuig