Bernardo,

This and other news from Flok Society is inspiring. But I find it useful to
force a critical perspective. Thus
        * What actual policies is the national government of Ecuador taking
that adopt Free/Libre Open Knowledge recommendations arising from this (and
other, some continuing) process?

        * Nations are complicated, and they do not really speak with one voice
expressing one single interest. Ecuador has not shown itself to be exempt from
this. Even as it allows for community enterprise, it also works to exploit its
oil wealth. This raises the question: How are these economic and social forces
to be reconciled? Is there to be more transparency and accountability for the
oil industry's actions in the country? (Accountability could mean here
something more than just announcing it. It could mean being subject to the
popular will, and especially the will of those most affected. That will could
be made manifest via modern means.)

Thanks
louis