Hey guys,

After the New York Times video suggesting a few questionable services to
encrypt email (see here:
http://www.nytimes.com/video/technology/personaltech/100000003002385/easily-encrypt-your-email.html?smid=tw-nytimes)
I was wondering if it's time to make a list of not-so-good snakeoil
encryption services that have popped up after the Snowden revelations.

As a reporter, I have received pitches for around a dozen different
products, but wanted to ask you if you've seen any, and why you think they
might not be good.

Here's a short list to get you started (I'm not saying all these are
terrible, we should look into them and figure out why they might or might
not be good):

-Virtru (https://www.virtru.com/)
-Shazzlemail (http://shazzlemail.com/)
-Protonmail (https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/protonmail)