Help edit here:    http://bit.ly/oddeventdetails

From: Steven Clift <cl...@e-democracy.org>
Date: Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 10:55 AM
Subject: Timely non-tech Poplus volunteer opportunity! Help
crowdsource links *today* or tomorrow
To: poplus <pop...@googlegroups.com>

Hey all,

You may have seen my Open Data contact/link data note just now.

During the Poplus Hangout, there were a number of tweets about what we are
doing to share Poplus.org during Open Data Day. - Great question!

One of the key things we need to share Poplus information is direct
contact information for local events - so jump in right now and help:

      http://bit.ly/oddeventdetails

... and follow some of the links to the event websites and then add
links and information you can find. The host email and Twitter
accounts are the most useful in terms of us being able to -actually-
contact these efforts or follow local event on Twitter, photo sites,
etc.

So, jump right in and take a few cities.

I see three key general Poplus.org ODD opportunities:

1. Get Poplus components/effort mentioned to those assembled as a new
up and coming civic tech coding collaboration. Invite people to join
our online group to really get involved: http://bit.ly/poplusgroup

If you will be at an ODD event, ask to speak briefly.  Or at least
Tweet various links.

2. Share the link to the Poplus.org/components page to hackathon teams
as they first convene as invite them to see if they can leverage a
component in there project. Or if you are at an event, organized a
team to deploy a component with national/local open government data,
etc. or work on one. Perhaps a local version of http://yournextmp.com
or Say It might be a possibility, etc.?

3. If your event is an Unconference, propose a session on "Civic
Technology Components" and perhaps adapt the slide from today's
hangout to help kick off a "What are civic tech components?
Microservices? What is Poplus?" - http://bit.ly/poplushangoutslides

Do others have ideas? Please share.

Thanks,
Steven Clift