In the qualitative tradition, these works explore surveillance,
privacy, and historically marginalized communities in the United States.

http://newamerica.net/sites/newamerica.net/files/policydocs/JoiningtheSurveillanceSociety_1.pdf

http://www.press.uchicago.edu/ucp/books/book/chicago/O/bo3626685.html

https://mitpress.mit.edu/books/digital-dead-end

I am happy to share an academic paper under review that touches upon
these topics as well to those who are interested.

Warm regards,
Seeta
On 2/24/15 11:24 AM, Yosem Companys wrote:
> From: *Rebecca Slayton* <rs...@cornell.edu
> <mailto:rs...@cornell.edu>>
>
> __
>
> One of my students would like to do a term paper on minority
> attitudes towards privacy/surveillance, but we are finding very
> little literature on this (maybe two articles that address the
> issue directly). His focus is on African Americans and U.S.
> government surveillance, but I think information on the attitudes
> of any minority group, in any country, towards any type of
> surveillance, would be helpful in at least framing the issues. Does
> anybody know of good resources?____
>
> __ __
>
> Thanks in advance for any tips!____
>
> __ __
>
> Best,____
>
> Rebecca____
>
> __ __
>
> Rebecca Slayton____
>
> Assistant Professor, Cornell University____
>
> Department of Science & Technology Studies____
>
> Judith Reppy Institute for Peace and Conflict Studies____
>
> 334 Rockefeller Hall | Fax 607-255-6044 <tel:607-255-6044>

- --
Seeta Peña Gangadharan, PhD
Senior Research Fellow
New America's Open Technology Institute