On 03/22/2015 04:47 AM, Florian Weimer wrote:
> It's been reported that the U.S. State Department hands out laptops
> with anonymization capability to dissidents in select regions.  (I can
> dig out the exact reference, I thnk I've read it in Lettre
> International.)
>
> Do we know what kind of technology they use?

LiPoSe (Lightweight Portable Security) is a liveCD distro that the USAF
makes. It appears they customize it for different gov groups. They
finally released the source code, too.

http://www.spi.dod.mil/lipose.htm

But no Tor or other anonymizing tech, last time I checked, just secure
VPN to DOD network using their PKI. So maybe it is LiPoSe, if they need
dissidents to login to GIG. :-)

Does reference give any more details about the anonymizing tech, or
other software it includes?