The Burundians I am in contact with have not mentioned a new internet issue
since blocking of whatsapp and facebook which was easily circumvented with
the use of VPNs.

I last heard from my colleagues about 8 hours ago. At least one of them was
tweeting an hour ago.

There is definitely a climate of fear at the moment and a lack of access to
basic necessities in communities with large populations of opposition to
Nkurunziza.