Apple at least recognizes that these License Exceptions apply to their
equipment (they are quiet but decent when it comes to sanctions issues):
https://www.apple.com/legal/more-resources/gtc.html

License Except SCP is probably the shortest route to a permissible export
through perhaps the "private entrepreneurship" angle. I would call the BIS
hotline and see what they say.

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 1:52 PM, Andrés Leopoldo Pacheco Sanfuentes <
alps6...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, Collin!
>
> I was starting to look at those things yesterday, but wanted to see if
> there was a "shortcut" that would save me from having to sift through
> bureaucratic red tape doc piles.. :-)
>
> The situation is that of a Cuban Maestro in the US for a concert, wanting
> to purchase this type of equipment and stuff for his studio back home,
> including Apple gear but possibly also special-purpose hw & sw. Not a
> "commercial export.."
>

> Best Regards | Cordiales Saludos | Grato,
>
> Andrés L. Pacheco Sanfuentes
> <a...@acm.org>
> +1 (347) 766-5008
>
> On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 12:39 PM, Collin Anderson <
> col...@averysmallbird.com> wrote:
>
>> I cannot be your lawyer, but you might find some assurances within
>> License Exceptions Consumer Communications Devices (CCD)
>> <http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?c=ecfr&SID=9ae4a21068f2bd41d4a5aee843b63ef1&rgn=div5&view=text&node=15:2.1.3.4.25&idno=15#se15.2.740_119>
>>  and Support for the Cuban People (SCP) (§740.21 (d))
>> <http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?c=ecfr&SID=9ae4a21068f2bd41d4a5aee843b63ef1&rgn=div5&view=text&node=15:2.1.3.4.25&idno=15#se15.2.740_121>
>>  on
>> media production equipment.
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 3:21 AM, Andrés Pacheco <alps6...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Quick, somewhat urgent question: where do sound studio / video equipment
>>> & software stand? Can they be exported to Cuba now?
>>>
>>> On Jan 15, 2015, at 10:01 AM, Collin Anderson <col...@averysmallbird.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello Libtech,
>>>
>>> The Cuba new rules are out, since there are two jurisdictions covering
>>> the country, they are split between services (Treasury's OFAC) and goods
>>> (Commerce's BIS). The short story is that Cuba is close to Iran's policies
>>> now, which a bit of difference owing to how it was done. Positive news
>>> though.
>>>
>>> OFAC:
>>> https://s3.amazonaws.com/public-inspection.federalregister.gov/2015-00632.pdf
>>> BIS: