Depending on who/what you're worried about, I'd warn dissidents to avoid
VPSes for anything but anonymous throwaway use.

It's far too easy to 'implant' from dom0 / hypervisor.

Encrypted VPSes can have mounted disks imaged, the RAM imaged for keys or
live implanted for whatever nefarious ends.

Buy a 1u, harden it and use VPSes as reverse proxies.

Travis