On 2015-11-09 23:49, Patrick Meier (iRevolution) wrote:

"My role is to identify compelling applications that will produce
data/analysis that is very much needed by humanitarian, development,
human rights, and/or public health, etc organizations. Once compelling
applications are identified, Crowd4Sat will obtain the necessary
imagery, customize a citizen science platform and invite digital
volunteers to analyze the imagery. The results will then be shared with
the humanitarian, development, human rights, etc, organizations that
requested the data/analysis."

I maintain a list of links, with summaries, to online stories that
relate to virtual volunteering, including online volunteer "mappers",
here:

http://virtualvolunteering.wikispaces.com/news

You might want to scroll through to look for leads on "compelling
applications." There are also some links to such initiatives on the
TechSoup forum, and the forum is searchable (I tried the words
volunteers and map, and the results were mostly what you would be
looking for).

---
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Ms. Jayne Cravens MSc
Portland, Oregon, USA

The web site - http://www.coyotecommunications.com
The email - j...@coyotecommunications.com
Me on Twitter, other social networks, & my blog:
http://www.coyotecommunications.com/me/jayneonline.shtml

Author: The Last Virtual Volunteering Guidebook
More about the book, and how to buy it
(as a paperback or as an e-book):