Hi all,

I'm on the Board for Tech 4 Good. Nancy Schwartzman, the Founder, just sent
me this and I thought you all would be interested.

Hi brilliant friends,

Can you please share ideas/contacts -- seeking civic minded engineers,
bridge builders and folks interested in using Circle of 6 and adopting it
for their needs. Takes people, networks and support. Thanks! xx

Circle of 6 <http://www.circleof6app.com/> is a free safety tool and is
here for you right now. We need your help to make it more secure and
adaptable to your communities’ needs.

The app was designed for iOS and Android to support women/girls and queer
folks to quickly connect with their communities of choice, and access
resources for violence against women and science-based sexual health. The
app doesn't link you with the police or governmental bodies, and never will.

Here’s where you come in.

We need to rapidly build a version of the app that includes end to end
encryption to secure the safety of our users. We need to build a “white
label” version of the app so that anyone can adapt it to their needs, for:
immigrant communities, those targeted by hate crimes, Black Lives Matter,
etc. We are very close to open sourcing the code (first need a code audit
and documentation) but open sourcing is only useful if there's a dedicated
community around it.

Circle of 6 was born from a White House initiative with Vice President
Biden and and Chief Technology Officer Aneesh Chopra. They nurtured a
community of engineering talent that will now disperse. Soon we will have
an administration that actively hates people of color, women, immigrants,
Muslims, AND SCIENCE. We desperately need to fill the gap.

The profit-driven $$tart-up mythology has left a gaping hole in our country
when it comes to a robust, inclusive, geographically rich activist tech
community.

Now more than ever we need technologists and engineers who will donate
their talents to civic problems and help us build and sustain tools for
communities. We need funders who will fund software sprints, community
convenings and the unsexy 3+ year life span and sustainability plan an app
or platform requires. The time is now to come together, share talents and
build.

Calling iOS and Android coders, Encryption experts, sprint facilitators,
funders, UI and experience designers, graphic designers, testers, activists
and organizers -- we need you and your networks.

Please share widely, and if you’d like to help us, contact me, Nancy
Schwartzman: circleof6...@gmail.com

Lina Srivastava
--
twitter <http://twitter.com/lksriv>  |  linkedin