Hi Andres,

On 11/17/2016 09:01 AM, Andres wrote:
> Transparency is certainly improved. You can check and change your vote
> after casting it. Estonian government even provides an iOS and Android
> mobile application for this.

Oh ho, within your own world it looks like you gave your vote. That does
not prove a single thing. Even just pointing to that as something that
convinces you shows how dangerous technology is.

Also, the situation in Estonia is quite different than in most other
countries, and most of these differences can be attributed to their
size. Just as a reminder, there are ~500 cities with a population larger
than Estonia.

The bigger the system, the larger the influence, especially in countries
that do have an existing and well-oiled lobbying apparatus. I cannot see
any larger country introducing any system that has similar security
properties, and the ability to reliably set aside the maintenance costs.
Anyone can see too well how broken maintenance of public infrastructure is.

So, on many levels, maybe nobody bothered to mess with the Estonian
platform because it just doesn't matter from a global perspective.

Moritz