I agree with many of your points, Alberto.

Our list has been part of many important turning points in grassroots
cybersecurity and privacy over the years, but we have mostly talked, rarely
turned to action as a community.

We have vetted a lot of lousy programs and helped many developers
understand that cybersecurity and privacy is a difficult space. You can't
just build an app over night and expect activists to use it. Their lives
are at stake.

We could create a grassroots action network for Liberationtech. If we did,
how would we do it? And this question applies to all of our subscribers.
Should we even go there?

Should we try to fix some of the problems we see in the community? Should
we try to raise money and donate money to great crypto projects? Or should
we start a wiki to document all the good and bad solutions and to explain
to newbies how to enter the cybersecurity / privacy domain?

I just feel we could be more active than we have been so far. We have been
around now for nearly a decade. A lot of Liberationtech research was done
at Stanford but very rarely did it create practical self-sustaining
organizations.

Any ideas by the group? We host this community at Stanford, but it is your
community, so you should share with us your dreams for making the world a
better place through Liberationtech.

Best,
Yosem