great opportunity for a theorist/digital media producer in our sociology
department. Take a look and write me if interested... Best, Adam Fish

*Lecturer in Critical Digital Media Practice*

*Department of Sociology*
*Salary: *Grade 7-9
*Closing Date:  * TBC
*Interview Date:  * TBC
*Reference:  *A

Lancaster University’s Department of Sociology invites applications for a
full-time Lecturer position in Critical Digital Media Practice. The ideal
candidate will be a theorist and media-maker—broadly defined--with an
established production practice whose work is created within, and
circulated across, a range of media tools and digital platforms. Candidates
must have competency in a range of digital media authoring and computing
tools consistent with their theoretical and creative practice. Candidates
will be expected to teach undergraduate and advanced graduate seminars in
the theory, history, or practice of critical digital media production, as
well as supervise graduate student research. This is an open call and
desired areas of expertise include video and audio production, new media
journalism, software development, social media campaigns, participatory or
community-based media design, DIY and mobile media, or hardware production
and hacking. We especially welcome critical race, post-colonial,
indigenous, and feminist approaches.

Please refer to the job description and person specification to decide
which grade to apply for.

For informal enquiries please contact Dr Adam Fish by email
a.fi...@lancaster.ac.uk or telephone +44 (0)1524 592699 or Professor
Corinne May-Chahal, Head of Department c.may-cha...@lancaster.ac.uk,
telephone +44 (0)1524 594104.