Great insights, Charles!

The Association for Computing Machinery is in what look like the final stages
of publishing or revising its Code of Ethics, and it has some good teeth on it.

Also on an interestingly related topic, I came across this stream: minding
energy efficiency of algorithms and their avatars in computer code.
https://vimeo.com/241030225

Regards / Saludos / Grato

Andrés Leopoldo Pacheco Sanfuentes