Thank you for your patience with cross-posting.

**[International Day Against DRM (IDAD)][0] is coming up!** In just
  under a month, this September 18th we'll be celebrating what the
  world could look like without Digital Restrictions Management (DRM).
**We need your help** to make
  sure the messages gets all the attention it needs.

[0]: https://dayagainstdrm.org

[Defective by Design][1] (DbD) is a participatory and grassroots
campaign run by the Free Software Foundation (FSF). DbD raises
awareness about devices and media encumbered by Digital Restrictions
Management (DRM), showing what they really are: Defective by
Design. DRM is the practice of placing technological restrictions on
digital media, and we're working together to eliminate it as a threat
to freedom for computer users, as well as a threat to privacy for
readers, viewers, and those making art, media, and more.

[1]: https://defectivebydesign.org

We've been working hard preparing for IDAD 2018, and hope you will
join us for this year's action.

## How to get involved

**[RSVP to IDAD
2018!](https://my.fsf.org/civicrm/petition/sign?sid=8&reset=1)**

For 12 years, we've celebrated IDAD -- making, organizing, protesting,
and taking action to support the demolition of DRM -- and 2018 is no
different! This year we will continue the fight against DRM and
celebrate the work of activists, artists, and technologists who create
DRM-free media and technology. You can [read more][2] about [past
IDADs][3] [online][4].

[2]: https://defectivebydesign.org/dayagainstdrm/2017
[3]: https://defectivebydesign.org/dayagainstdrm/2016
[4]:
https://www.fsf.org/news/community-is-the-focus-of-2015s-international-day-against-drm

### As an individual

IDAD 2018 is your opportunity to tell others why you resist DRM, and
convince them to join you.

* You can challenge yourself to a [Day Without DRM][5].

* Share with your friends, family, and followers online about the
dangers of DRM, helping them to make better choices.

* Want to do some shopping? [Check out these DRM-free vendors][6].

* Blog about DRM on September 18th.

* Wear your [favorite anti-DRM shirt][7] and share a photo using the
hashtag #IDAD.

* Organize an event in your community. You can host events like
[handing out flyers about the dangers of DRM][8] or host a showing of
a [DRM-free film][9].

* Keep up with IDAD! All future updates will go to our DRM Elimination
Crew mailing list. [Sign up for the mailing list][1] on
DefectiveByDesign.org to receive important IDAD news.

If you're hosting an event in your community, and want an IDAD kit
containing stickers and flyers, [email us][10]!

[5]: https://www.defectivebydesign.org/dayagainstdrm
[6]: https://www.defectivebydesign.org/guide
[7]: https://shop.fsf.org/tshirts-hoodies/drm-no-one-admitted
[8]: https://www.defectivebydesign.org/printable
[9]: https://www.defectivebydesign.org/guide/video
[10]: i...@defectivebydesign.org

### Are you an organization or project interested in supporting IDAD?

We've already partnered with some amazing organizations, and want you
to join the coalition! Some things you can do include:

* Writing blog posts and articles sharing your support the mission of
  IDAD;

* If you're a vendor, offering a discount on DRM-free media;

* Showing your support by adding your logo to our logo cloud (for an
example of what this looks like, [see our page from 2017][11]);

* Have other ideas? Share them with us at
  <i...@defectivebydesign.org>!

[11]: https://www.defectivebydesign.org/dayagainstdrm/2017

### If you're a journalist...

Want to cover IDAD before, during, or after September 18th? We'd love
to hear from you!

Don't hesitate to reach out to us with questions, ideas, interest in
getting involved, or if you'd like to know more. Our email is
<i...@defectivebydesign.org>, or you can respond to me directly.

Together we can build a future without DRM.

Cheers,
Molly

--
Molly de Blanc