Hello,

Greenhost are great, and another excellent option with whom they often
collaborate is eQualit.ie,

https://equalit.ie/

They are based in Montreal, for whatever that is worth, and offer some
additional services such as https://deflect.ca/

peace,
gunner

On 11/10/18 9:55 AM, Yosem Companys wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> It seems that I may not have emailed Hapee and Sacha at their
> seldom-read email addresses. Hapee and I have already exchanged emails,
> so we'll hopefully start the process soon with Greenhost.
>
> Thanks,
> Yosem
>
> On Sat, Nov 10, 2018 at 8:49 AM Hapee de Groot <ha...@hapee.org
> <mailto:ha...@hapee.org>> wrote:
>
>     Hi All,
>
>     according to me Greenhost is absolutely not out of the running, so I
>     contacted Yosem directly and hope you will give us some more time so
>     sort this out.
>
>     Kind regards,
>
>     Hapee from Greenhost.
>
>     On 10-11-18 17:22, Yosem Companys wrote:
>>     Hi All,
>>
>>     I'm in the process of migrating Liberationtech from Stanford to a
>>     new independent site, but I have run into a difficulty.
>>
>>     Most of you recommended Greenhost for hosting services, but I have
>>     yet to receive a reply from Greenhost despite multiple email
>>     attempts.
>>
>>     Is there another hosting service you'd recommend? Please remember
>>     that the criteria are the following:
>>
>>       * The host should operate from a location that has the privacy-
>>         and security-friendliest laws in the world;
>>       * The host should also be the most privacy- and
>>         security-friendly host in the world (or the second most,
>>         assuming Greenhost is #1 in this area); and,
>>       * The host should offer great customer service.
>>
>>     Our original plan (described below) was to ask Greenhost both to
>>     host and develop our new website. Now that Greenhost appears to be
>>     out of the running, I intend to explore the other options you
>>     suggested below for website development.
>>
>>     Thanks,
>>     Yosem
>>
>>     On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 8:55 PM Yosem Companys <ycompa...@gmail.com
>>     <mailto:ycompa...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>         Below is the amended plan for the new Liberationtech based on
>>         your feedback. Should you have any questions, please let me know.
>>
>>           * *Corporate Governance: Fiscal Sponsorship, NOT Legal
>>             Status*. Most of you recommended that we not incorporate
>>             legally as a 501(c)3 at this time. Instead, you
>>             recommended that we use a fiscal sponsor instead. A number
>>             of fiscal sponsors were proposed including Creative
>>             Commons; the Electronic Frontier Foundation; Freedom
>>             House; the Free Software Foundation; the Information
>>             Ethics and Equity Institute; Mozilla; Oasis; the Open
>>             Source Institute; the Public Sphere Project; the Puerto
>>             Rico Science, Technology, and Research Trust; the
>>             Renewable Freedom Foundation in Germany; Software Freedom
>>             Conservancy; and Wikimedia. There is also the Tides
>>             Foundation. The advantage of fiscal sponsors is that they
>>             can accept charitable contributions on behalf of
>>             Liberationtech and take care of the legal and accounting
>>             requirements needed to maintain the organization, thereby
>>             freeing Liberationtech to pursue its vision and mission.
> [...]

Allen Gunn
Executive Director, Aspiration
www.aspirationtech.org

Aspiration: "Better Tools for a Better World"

Read our Manifesto: https://aspirationtech.org/publications/manifesto

Twitter:  www.twitter.com/aspirationtech