There are no “well-intentioned” official outside or inside entities in the
Venezuelan quagmire. That’s what the “Prophets of Disaster” (google “profetas
del desastre”) predicted maybe be 40 years ago? I agreed at the time with their
“predictions.” It was beautiful, that “tierna y ardorosa logia [Michel Foucault
dixit] de expertos multidisciplinarios” and more importantly ecumenical (I
don’t recall a similar word for politics that is clean enough for me to use)
all agreeing in the catastrophic effects of fossil fuels for societies which
happen to be sitting on oodles of them - forget for a second the environment!

More later.

Regards / Saludos / Grato

Andrés Leopoldo Pacheco Sanfuentes