MODERATOR'S NOTE: Notice how the examples that Bob lists below are NOT actual
examples of Anarchy. Tribal rule is still a form of Government.

---Sasan

Somalia -- An ongoing experiment in anarchy:

Somalia has not had a functioning government since 1991 and foreign vessels are
frequently seized for ransom by armed pirates, making it difficult and
expensive to deliver aid to the impoverished region. (AP)
Story at http://tinyurl.com/6h6s6f

Nepal -- My wife's native land:

Much of my wife's native country beyond the urban areas has been largely beyond
the control of the central government.  No rule of law.  Lots of corruption.
Thugs form a militia.  Rob banks.  Buy guns.  Declare themselves Maoists.  Kill
enough people to break their will.  Now the Maoists rule the country.

Pakistan's autonomous tribal areas:

See northwest Pakistan, where autonomous rule has resulted in local tribal
warlords forcing their oppressive theocracy on people.

warlords and crime syndicates.  There is no accountability over disorganized
gangs, thugs, and invaders within a null system.  With limited government,
there are elections and other methods of recourse.  It ain't perfect though --
far from it.  I want to decimate the government, not eliminate it.