----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Jane Wynn <jnw...@verizon.net>
To: hrabb...@yahoo.com
Sent: Thu, April 1, 2010 3:13:55 PM
Subject: [Pagans_are_Conservatives_too] Fwd: Papers, please dupont phil

FDA approves
VeriChip for humans
Not that it will come as a surprise to anyone, but yesterday the FDA
approved VeriChip to be marketed for medical purposes.  Applied Digital
Solutions has created an implantable computer chip to "speed vital
information about a patient's medical history to doctors and
hospitals."  It is simultaneously being heralded as a medical
milestone by some and an invasion of privacy by others.  Just think of it
as an invisible barcode to release information when passed over by specialized
scanners.  Click
here to read the article.
This ought to go nicely with your biometric
workers card...
------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------
--------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --

Ready for Your
Biometric Social Security Card?
FromTime Magazine:

>Could a national identity card help resolve the heated immigration- reform
>divide?
>Two Senators, New York Democrat Chuck Schumer and South Carolina Republican
>Lindsey Graham, certainly seem to think so. They recently presented an
>immigration- bill blueprint to President Barack Obama that includes a proposal
>to issue a biometric ID card — one that would contain physical data such as
>fingerprints or retinal scans — to all working Americans.
We've seen this attempt before. Again, the argument by Graham and Schumer is
full of holes and danger as Timepoints out.

>The sheer scale of the project is a potential problem, in terms of time,
>money and technology. The premise of using a biometric employment card (which
>would most likely contain fingerprint data) to stop illegal immigrants from
>working requires that all 150 million–plus American workers, not just
>immigrants, have one. Michael Cherry, president of identification- technology
>company Cherry Biometrics, says the accuracy of such large-scale biometric
>measuring hasn't been proved. "What study have we done?" he says.
>"We just have a few assumptions."
Furthermore, a biometric card possesses too many opportunities for abuse by
clever criminals and most of all, the government itself.

>Lillie Coney, associate director of the Electronic Privacy Information
>Center, believes that keeping biometric information out of a centralized
>database is "the biggest challenge." Otherwise, she says, the
>prospect of having millions of fingerprints on hand would be too tempting for
>the government not to abuse. In their op-ed, the Senators said the information
>would be stored only on the card.
>Although the card is being presented as existing solely for determining
>employment eligibility, "it will be almost impossible to say that this
>wealth of information is there, but you can only use it for this purpose,"
>Coney says. "Privacy is pretty much hinged on the notion that if you
>collect data for one purpose, you can't use it for another." Calabrese
>expresses worries that this ID will become a "central identity
>document" that one will need in order to travel, vote or perhaps own a
>gun, which Melmed calls "mission creep."
As C4L President, John Tate said "This is exactly the type of battle that often
decides whether a
country remains free, or continues down a slide toward tyranny."
That’s why it’s vital you sign the petitions to your Congressman
and Senators IMMEDIATELY.

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 7:58 AM, Nate Hallman <natehallman@ gmail.com> wrote:
yeah that's great but the story said it was in his
"legislation" not some stupid story on google.

in th shadow of this lying
cheating communist regime please only give me the facts and let me decide