Hello Lisa:

> I guess it has been made clear to me that I can not be a member of the
Libertarian
> party.  I couldn't disagree more with the statements below.
 What is a country
> without borders.

Please re-read what I have written.

Having an Open Immigration policy will actually make it EASIER to guard the
border because you won't have individuals trying to sneak in through private
property; they'll be coming in through designated entry points in the open
rather then the shadows.

Please especially read the bolded items below:
1) As Immigrants Move In, Americans Move Up -
http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=10650

2) Opposition to Immigration is Un-American -
http://www.capitalismmagazine.com/index.php?news=132
3)
 Immigration: Why the Debate is Tragically Flawed -
http://www.capitalismmagazine.com/index.php?news=5449

4) Jason Riley (of the CATO Institute) Assails Myths of Immigration -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcBwPyDPW54
5)
 Ayn Rand Center for Individual Rights on Open Immigration -
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=7CAA5CFC985D89E9

6) Immigration and Individual Rights: Does a foreigner have a moral
right to move to America? And should America welcome him? -
http://www.capitalismmagazine.com/index.php?news=5138

7) Immigration Quotas vs. Individual Rights: The Moral and Practical
Case for Open Immigration - Entry into the U.S. should ultimately be
free for any foreigner, with the exception of criminals, would-be
terrorists, and those carrying infectious diseases. -
http://www.capitalismmagazine.com/index.php?news=4620

8) Legalize The American Dream: Immigration is in America's
Self-Interest - If anti-immigration groups are really after American
self-interest, they should open their eyes to the tremendous benefits
that free immigration offers to America. -
http://www.capitalismmagazine.com/index.php?news=540

Sincerely,

Franklin Perez (Libertarian)
Florida State House