Hello!

I think this is a truly wonderful idea. I've toyed around with
similar ideas.

I currently own a home in a community, and I'm writing you this for
whatever it is worth. My community is a nonprofit. My community has
an elected B of D who are homeowners. My community has a community
manager. We have about 2000 homeowners. What happened in the long run
is that it turned into a dictatorship driven by greed. One person who
was hired to be the comm mgr held all the proxy votes, because the
homeowners were too lazy to take an active interest in the communal
maintenance, the Board let him rampage around and supported his
vendetta's against homeowners who spoke out, and life became
positively miserable. A homeowner was nothing more than a way to make
money for these characters. Really, not so different from what is
going on in the larger community of the nation we live in.

On top of that, they fraudulently doctored up the Restrictive
Convenants by pulling the wool over the members/masses eyes, which
gave them unlimited power over the bylaws that are now also being
doctored up all the time to best suit their personal agendas.

The community spirit deteriorated and lawsuits ensued. Clearly,
starting a community is a great way to make a lot of money for
yourself and the few on the top that you selected, by exploiting the
members /masses if you can stave off the lawsuits.

If you can guarantee that such sheistery as took place in my
community is COMPLETELY IMPLAUSIBLE in your ideal situation, then
you've got it made and you've got yourself a real sanctuary in a
rapidly deteriorating world.

I truly hope your community will be exactly as you describe it: a
safe haven for likeminded people who care about each other and the
land they live on. That's how it used to be in the USA.

Remember, where there are people, there's greed and deception.

Good luck!

-MB