Of all the irrational cliches out there, the one that irritates me the most is
"The end doesn't justify the means." The truth is that only an END can justify
a MEANS. All MEANS are neither good nor evil. What determines their goodness or
badness is the END RESULT of the MEANS. If the END RESULT of a MEANS is good,
then that MEANS is good.

For example, killing a human being (MEANS) is neither good nor evil. If your
END in killing a human being is to defend your own life (or that of others),
then that MEANS is good. If your END in killing a human being is to seize their
property, that makes the MEANS evil.
Please add your comments on this subject to my blog at
http://MissReason.blogspot.com.