The Libertarian Enterprise
Official Journal of the National Recall Coordinating Committees
Issue 532, August 16, 2009
This issue's Motto: "Their real object is to control you and deny you joy."
http://www.ncc-1776.org/

THE WEEKLY CARTOON:
Fool?
by Rex May
r...@mac.com
http://www.baloocartoons.com
http://balooscartoonblog.blogspot.com/
http://www.zazzle.com/rexfmay/gifts

Dear Friends and Readers,

I've said this before, in longer pieces. Doubtless I will again.
There is one -- and only one -- solution to the mess our medical
system presently finds itself in. That is to remove the real cause of
the mess, not to drive the system even further into a state of medical
Marxism.

America needs -- meaning it cannot long survive without -- a
Constitutional amendment mandating total separation of medicine and
state. "Mandating" means "making mandatory", giving it full force of
law.

A Constitutional amendment mandating total separation of medicine
and state.

Anything less, the tiniest bit of government interference with
medicine at the national, state, or local level will simply end us up
right back where we are, since that's what caused the mess to begin
with.

A Constitutional amendment mandating total separation of medicine
and state.

Along the way, we'll reinstate the confidentiality between doctors
and patients that used to exist -- a confidentiality as sacred and
unshakable as that between a lawyer and his client or a priest and his
parishoner.

A Constitutional amendment mandating total separation of medicine
and state.

Write to congress. Write to newspapers. Write to every web and
blogsite. Call radio talk shows. Go to townhalls. I ask for no credit,
no acknowledgement of any kind. Just tell everyone you know, everyone
within the reach of whatever kind of voice you command that America
needs:

A Constitutional amendment mandating total separation of medicine
and state.

Thanks for "listening",

L. Neil Smith

EDITORIAL MATTERS

We've all heard of "having the wolf at the door." Heck, that's the
way most of us live. However, out here in the wild mountains of
Arizona, we've also got coyotes at the door. Well, not quite, they
haven't gotten up on the front porch yet. I think. So far. Life is
just one thing after another, is all. But you knew that.

I had fun with my computer this week. I got tired of that ol' "Windows
Bit-Rot" in which the thing starts to run slower and slower and take
longer and longer to do anything. Since I've got one of those "OEM
Restore Disks" machines, I studied the "manual" (I weep to read these
things) and discovered the possibility of a "Non-Destructive Recovery."
Okay, I'll try it. And what do you know, it only wiped-out my C:
partition instead of the entire first hard-drive and put in a fresh
version of XP SP2. Of course I then spent about three days getting
SP3 and lots of little updates and upgrades and security fixes and
so on. And re-installing some programs, and re-creating the iconic
links to others. I even remembered to make a copy of my fonts folder.
However, while making some more free-space I went and deleted it after
it was too late. Rats.And now it's ... well ... just a bit faster than
before. Noticeably. And I only had to double my anti-anxiety meds!

We are a Reader-Supported eMagazine:

     http://ncc-1776.org/donate.html

Another way of helping out is to click on our advertisers and
affiliates and spending some money with them. Yeah, I know. If
ya can, thanks! See also "On Buttons and Clicks by L. Neil Smith"
www.ncc-1776.org/tle2009/tle525-20090628-09.html

Don't forget L. Neil Smith's novel _Ceres_ is being published on
the web, with a new chapter every Monday:
www.bigheadpress.com/lneilsmith/?page_id=53)

Be sure and check-in at Neil's new blog-thing at "The Moratorium"
http://elneil.rationalreview.com/

Ken Holder
Editor
edi...@ncc-1776.org

HOPE, by L. Neil Smith and Aaron Zelman is again available for order
from Amazon.com via this link  (from which TLE will earn a commission):
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1604502932/webleywebdesignk/

THE VENUS BELT, by L. Neil Smith is again available for order
from Amazon.com via this link  (from which TLE will earn a commission):
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1604504420/webleywebdesignk/

ARTICLES

1.  Letters to the Editor
     from Paul Bonneau, Nydra Karlen, A.X. Perez, and "Boston T. Party"

2.  The March of the Medical Morons
     by L. Neil Smith

3.  Republic? What republic?
     by Paul Bonneau

4.  Bistatic Radar and Mass Graves
     by Jim Davidson

5.  National Universal Health Care: Could It Work In The USA?
     by Russell D. Longcore

6.  The Dilemma: Ethical or Moral
     by Ian Titter

7.  Why All The Lies?
     by Rob Sandwell

8.  Virtual Privacy in the Information Age
     by Jim Davidson

9.  What You Didn't Want to Hear
     by A.X. Perez

10. Atlantea The Beautiful No. 37
     by L. Neil Smith and Rex May

TOM PAINE MARU by L. Neil Smith is now available for order from
Amazon.com via this link (from which TLE will earn a commission):
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1604502606/webleywebdesignk/

ROSWELL, TEXAS by L. Neil Smith is now available for order from
Amazon.com via this link (from which TLE will earn a commission):
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0974381454/webleywebdesignk/

TLE is on the web at: http://www.ncc-1776.org/