The Libertarian Enterprise
Official Journal of the National Recall Coordinating Committees
Issue 558, February 21, 2010
This issue's Motto: "Voluntary servitude has consequences."
http://www.ncc-1776.org/

THE WEEKLY CARTOONS:

THE WEEKLY CARTOON
Obama: Change we can Bereave in
by Will Otey
willo...@cox.net

EDITORIAL MATTERS

PUBLISHER'S NOTE:

Elsewhere in this issue, I have written about the fear some people
have today of Muslims immigrating to America. The article speaks for
itself.

While I was writing it, I had a thought that didn't quite fit in,
is too short for its own essay, but which I didn't want to leave
unvoiced.

It is this:

Misters Colt, Smith, Wesson, or Ruger may have been Americans,
born and bred, but a great many of our "liberty teeth" are immigrants
themselves, often forbidden to the people living in the lands of their
origin.

Your favorite "life preserver" may be Italian, a Beretta, even an
Uberti. The Tanfoglios I love are Italian copies of the Czech CZ-75.
It may be Austrian, a Glock. If it's an H&K or a SIG, it's German or
Swiss. If it's a Tokarev or a Makarov, an AK-47 or SKS, it's Russian,
or possibly a Chinese knockoff. If it's a CZ-52, it's from the Czech
Republic. Stars, Astras, and Llamas are from Spain. Taurus and Rossi
are Brazilian. The Kahr is manufactured in America by the family of
Korea's Reverand Sun Myung Moon. And there are zillions -- tens of
zillions -- of Hungarian, Bulgarian, Belgian, and Polish weapons
scattered all over the one country in the world that truly appreciates
them.

It's said there are over 750,000,000 firearms "of modern design in
good working order" in America. I say let's be real internationalists
in the truest meaning of that often abused word and make it an even
billion.

L. Neil Smith, Publisher and Senior Columnist
_The Libertarian Enterprise_

EDITOR'S NOTE

This issue was slightly late, but worth waiting for, right? I hope
all this Globular Warming isn't freezing y'all to death! Hang in
there, summer will be here, eventually.

We have a special article by Philip A. Luty smuggled in from far
away Great Britain. Spread the news.

Be sure and check L. Neil Smith's blog-thing at

     http://www.bigheadpress.com/lneilsmith/

And his other blog-thing at "The Moratorium"

     http://elneil.rationalreview.com/

The graphical novel _Phoebus Krumm_ by L. Neil Smith, Scott Bieser
and the artist known as ~3~ is now appearing every Monday, Wednesday,
and Friday at: http://www.bigheadpress.com/pk

L. Neil Smith's complete novel Ceres is now on the web at
http://www.bigheadpress.com/lneilsmith/?page_id=53

We are a Reader-Supported eMagazine:

     http://ncc-1776.org/donate.html

Another way of helping out is to click on our advertisers and
affiliates and spending some money with them. Yeah, I know. If
ya can, thanks! See also "On Buttons and Clicks by L. Neil Smith"
www.ncc-1776.org/tle2009/tle525-20090628-09.html

Ken Holder
Editor
edi...@ncc-1776.org

HOPE, by L. Neil Smith and Aaron Zelman is again available for order
from Amazon.com via this link  (from which TLE will earn a commission):
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1604502932/webleywebdesignk/

THE VENUS BELT, by L. Neil Smith is again available for order
from Amazon.com via this link  (from which TLE will earn a commission):
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1604504420/webleywebdesignk/

ARTICLES

0.  Classified Ads

1.  Letters to the Editor
     from A.X. Perez, Jim Davidson, Doug Heard, Derek Benner, Pat Taylor,
     Tatiana Covington, Ann Morgan, Neale Osborn, Wes Carr,
     Richard Bartucci, Rex "Baloo" May, Renata Russell, and Crazy Al

2.  The Muslim Menace
     by L. Neil Smith

3.  Envies of Various Sorts
     by Kathryn A. Graham

4.  Stack and Drega
     by Jim Davidson

5.  Real Unemployment
     by Rob Sandwell

6.  A Brief History of British Gun Control
     (or, How to Disarm the Law Abiding Populace by Stealth)
     by P.A. Luty

7.  Of Liberty, Human Rights, and "Divisiveness"
     The Kaptain's Log
     by Kaptain Kanada, aka Manuel Miles

8.  Atlantea The Beautiful No.64
     by L. Neil Smith and Rex May

TOM PAINE MARU by L. Neil Smith is now available for order from
Amazon.com via this link (from which TLE will earn a commission):
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1604502606/webleywebdesignk/

ROSWELL, TEXAS by L. Neil Smith is now available for order from
Amazon.com via this link (from which TLE will earn a commission):
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0974381454/webleywebdesignk/

TLE is on the web at: http://www.ncc-1776.org/