From: "Joe Rodrigues" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Subject: know what habeas corpus is

> Commentary by Helen & Harry Highwater:
>
> Maybe you don't know what habeas corpus is. It's Latin, and it sounds
> complicated, but it's an easy concept to understand.
>
> In legal principle, it means that if you're arrested and held by government
> officials, you have the right to stand before a judge, and have the facts of
> the matter heard. If the judge doesn't think there's a reasonable reason to
> hold you, you have the right to be set free.
>
> It's as simple as that, and it's simply the cornerstone of the US justice
> system, and of earlier systems of justice worthy of being called systems of
> justice. The concept of habeas corpus actually dates back about 700 years,
> to the 14th Century. Seriously.
>
> If this concept is taken away, then people can be held for years -- for
> life, forever -- without a trial.
>
> And this, of course, is exactly what's happening at Guantanamo, and at
> secret American-operated prisons around the world.
>
> These prisons are operated on foreign soil, solely because that makes it
> easier to abandon all Constitutional protections and sidestep the American
> system of justice. There is no presumption of innocence until proven guilty.
> Exactly the opposite: Once arrested, prisoners are presumed guilty, and the
> trial, where we expect guilt to be proven or disproved, is skipped entirely.
> These prisons have nothing to do with justice, because they hold people who
> have never faced trial.
>
> This is tyranny, of exactly the sort that Americans revolted against in
> 1776.
>
> Any American who gives half a damn for the principles America preaches --
> you know, truth, justice, the American way -- ought to be infuriated.
>
> There's no such thing as a limited tyranny: If American government can hold
> people for life without habeas corpus, without trial, without human rights,
> it's foolhardy to expect that such abuses will be directed only against
> people with swarthy skin, people who wear turbans, people who worship
> 'Allah' instead of 'God'.
>
> You can't set a monster free and imagine you still hold the leash.
>
> A government that disregards human rights is a monstrosity. When we turn
> that monster loose on other people, it will come back and eat us alive as
> well.
>
> When we cancel other people's human rights, we cancel our own.
>

>   =Helen & Harry Highwater=
> http://www.unknownnews.org/0601060104habeascorpus.html

Disclaimer: Information shared in the We The People Scoop is not necessarily
the opinion of the editor or staff.  It is shared for information
purposes only and it is recommended that you come to your own conclusions.
Live Free or Die! Liberty in our Lifetime!
We the People Scoop
http://www.stanley2002.org (Down currently but will also be recreated offshore)
http://www.wtpconstitutionalactivism.org
Reply to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Listen to: Standing Up for America Radio Show with Rick Stanley
Every Sunday, 6pm MST for 1 hour
On Truth Radio Network
to listen, click here: http://www.truthradio.com
Sponsored by:
Stanley Fasteners and Shop Supply http://www.stanleyfasteners.com

Also check out The Revolutionary Coalition!
This group is working to unite all third parties that defend the
constitution, independents, and non-voters (making up 60% of
Americans) into one SUPER THIRD PARTY!

This group has a single line platform: "To defend our (Natural)
God-given, unalienable, Constitutionally protected and guaranteed
rights."

Subscribe by sending email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Also see our main website at:
http://www.therevco.org

To subscribe to the We the People Constitutional Activism Scoop,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

If you wish to unsubscribe from We the People Constitutional Activism Scoop,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

All other changes for personal attention, such as changing your email address, send to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Be aware that you may be receiving mail forwarded from a group,
in which case you may have to visit http://groups.yahoo.com to unsubscribe.
Please also note that mail sent to our "reply to:" address,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] is usually ignored....

Libertarian Libertarian party

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS