From: Roderick T. Beaman <crazylibertar...@yahoo.com>
To: LibertarianExchange@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wed, May 19, 2010 7:31:44 PM
Subject: Re: [LibertarianExchange] Elena Kagan

Thank you for that embellishment, John.  It's another way of illustrating what
I was trying to say.

I think mathematics is a good analogy.  The entirety of mathematics is based
upon five (I think it's five)  basic axioms none of which themselves can be
proved but which, to carry the analogy further, are self-evident, as Thomas
Jefferson wrote in The Declaration.  Mathematics is a series of conclusions
therefrom.

The set of axioms are:
1.   (A+B) + C = A+(B+C).
2. For every A, there is a -A such that A+(-A)=0.
3. Ax(B+C) = AB+AC.

There are two others and from those, the entirety of higher math is derived;
trigonometry, calculus, algebra, linear algebra, differentials, etc.

Thus with constitutional law.

 Roderick T. Beaman,D.O.
Board Certified Family Physician
Protect freedom. Disarm the government.