On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 05:20:06PM -0200, Leandro Lucarella <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > (like watchers? but since they are radically different methods, maybe the
> > must be called otherwise). Maybe just loop -> do_loop?
>
> Even more, if we call it loop, then we can't name the internal base
> watcher variable "loop" either :S

Yeah.. of course.. but...

ev::loop might be worse than ev::loop_ref (or maybe not, not sure). I would
expect programs to use ev::loop_dynamic sometimes, ev::loop_default more
often and accessing the loop itself by name very rarely, i.e.

  // expected:
  watcher.loop->unloop ();

  // unexpected
  ev::loop_something l = watcher.loop;
  l.unloop ();

The othe rhting is that most people do not really copy references around, it
makes little sense (there is no value semantics), so a loop * would do fine
as well.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      [EMAIL PROTECTED]