On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 02:32:00PM +0100, Chris Brody <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I would like to suggest that you take a look at libev
> (http://software.schmorp.de/pkg/libev.html), which has a libevent
> "compatibility" API but also has a number of watchers to deal with
> multiple threads. I do not understand these at all, but maybe they
> would make more sense to you.

Well, I just hope you didn't read the ev_async documentation, as
otherwise, it clearly fails to explain what they do :)

In any case, its quite simple: all you can do with them is generate
an event in another event loop that might currently be active in
another thread, which is the basic building block one needs for
inter-thread-communications.

You would also need current cvs, as this has not yet been released, and be
aware that some users experienced unspecified (and so far unreproducable)
problems with slightly older cvs snapshots, so ymmv.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      [EMAIL PROTECTED]