On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 10:51:33AM +0200, Alejandro Mery <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > I know it's easy to deceive oneself, but the fact remains that your code is
> > now buggy, thanks to the policy you are trying to follow.
>
> may I ask who's the buggy-code-maker from "-Os -fno-strict-aliasing
> -Werror -Wall  -W" exactly?
>
> what do you suggest to add or remove to make gcc not produce "buggy" code?

Nothing - keep libev as it is and gcc will not produce buggy code (at
least not due to this issue):

gcc will not produce buggy code with the original ev.h and with or without
-fno-strict-aliasing, and gcc will produce no code with -Werror because it
won't compile, and no code isn't buggy code either.

Removing the cast from ev.h will create buggy code (namely the source in
ev.h), but whether gcc takes advantage of that and the resulting binary
will work nor not depends on many factors, most likely ev.c itself will
get miscompiled, but users of ev.h will probably work because gcc does not
optimise (by default) between separate compilation units yet.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      [EMAIL PROTECTED]