On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 11:42:55AM +0200, Gabriel Kerneis
<kern...@pps.jussieu.fr> wrote:
> > If you want to support that, it's manual hackwork anyways (which is,
> > again, morally acceptable :)
>
> I'm embedding libev in libcpc.a anyway, bypassing any system-wide libev,
> so I think it should be ok (unless I missed something).

Yes, the only problems you could run into is that EV_ATOMIC_T is e.g. a
char not an int, or that struct stat could disagree. embedding avoids the
former, disabling stat watchers the latter, so you are perfectly safe :)

(And that's what libev was meant to provide, so you can be reasonably sure
that this is possible for future versions as well).