On Sun, Dec 06, 2009 at 10:26:55AM +0100, r...@tinyclouds.org wrote:
> Hi Marc,

hi, sorry for the delay.

> What would you think about having a set of wrappers like the existing
> except that they didn't immediately use SEND?

Not sure what use it would have.

> It would also be nice to manage the eio_req* memory myself (but not have
> to remember how to pack the request object)

Yeah, managing those is not really recommended manually, and this is
doublessly more interesting, but libeio uses so many system functions that
I doubt it is as useful as with libev.

I would say it would be more useful to, say, have a freelist to avoid the
calloc per request etc.

Personally, I would see an extra set of wrappers as much more confusing
than helpful, not to mention the maintainance effort.

Also, does "managing your memory yourself" include paths (libeio currently
does strdup)?