On Sat, Jan 09, 2010 at 10:03:03AM -0800, Tim McClarren <t...@idle-games.com>
wrote:
>>> of ev_signal was to attempt to deliver asynchronous signals
>>> synchronously.
>>
>> Exactly - so what do you expect?
>
> I'd expect libev to not catch it, I think... if the behavior of the
> example code is as intended, let's leave it at that.  I'm not sure I'm
> an idiot for thinking it might call back into the handler on SEGV.  If

Not sure who claimed you are an idiot, but you don't understand SIGSEGV and
how it works.

> there was absolutely no reason for you to ever have a handler for SEGV,

Well, no.

> then I'm guessing that the POSIX spec. would treat it the same as
> SIGKILL.

Well, no.

What you are trying is to magically recover from sigsegv.

>>> I am trying to emit a stack to the log.  I've done this before, via the
>>> usually sigaction route.
>>
>> Again, you know you can't continue, so why bother?
>
> Because I want the call stack?

You can't get it that way - when you handler is called from the event
loop, you will have the call stack from the event loop.

> Anyways, changing back to using sigaction for getting the stack is easy
> enough.

Yes, and it makes sense for your case.