On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 06:26:49PM +0100, Alejandro Mery <am...@geeks.cl> wrote:
> what's the danger? why do you insist in refusing this?

a compiler might well find an aliasing issue with the existing code, but
unlikely with the patch.

> "at best" they reduce tons of warnings without affecting the code.

if you get tons of warnings then your compiler or config is broken, and this
is certainly the exception.

> what's wrong with the warnings?

good question, I don't get any warnings, and libev doesn't generate them.

so you need to identify where the warnings originate (e..g in your
compiler) and then ask this question to those people who actually control
the code that generates such bogus warnings.

> they add tons of noise that doesn't
> allow us to see clearly other warnings that can be interesting.

exactly...

but this really is out of the scope for libev, as libev doesn't generate
those warnings.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schm...@schmorp.de