Jonas H. wrote:
On 03/12/2010 03:50 PM, Marc Lehmann wrote:
No, it uses events and non-blocking I/O, was other people have pointed out.

I am very sorry but I still don't get it.

How on earth can I get the 'you-can-now-write' event for another client/request/whatever while writing to another client the same time? Is this something libev handles for you? Splitting up big writes into smaller ones, giving other clients a chance to be written to after each part?

    Jonas
I think you're going to need to get Steven's Network Programming and have a good read.

Why, out of interest, do you want to do this in C? If you're happy enough with threads etc you might be better off with Poco and C++, or possibly ACE (which has some books etc, but is a bit long in the tooth compared to Poco). Or just give in, go over to the Dark Side,
and download Netty.

James