On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 01:56:43AM -0500, Brandon Black <blbl...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> In practice, on Fedora 16 (glibc 2.14), I've observed a very small
> leak on code like yours (you can even leave libev out of this, it's
> all about alloc/dealloc cycles using only the realloc() interface),

realloc (p, 0) is documented to be equivalent to free (p) on GNU/Linux
(specifically, on fedora and debian GNU/Linux), so this would be a bug in
debian or fedora, and should be reported to them, if realloc is indeed the
issue (and it probably is, as valgrind can't find any memleak).

It could also be some esoteric form of internal memory fragmentation,
which I would also consider a bug in the allocator.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schm...@schmorp.de