On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 08:00:54AM -0400, jamal <h...@cyberus.ca> wrote:
> I cant recompile on every possible permutation of eglibc/uclibc/glibc

There are exactly two "permutations" of thes elibraries: uclibc and
glibc/eglibc. And yes, if you want to support uclibc, you have to
recompile.  Just as you have to recompile for different architetcures.

> We may have to put specific versions of the libc's as a dependency
> on the debian packages.

glibc and eglibc should be compatible and have perfectly fine backwardsa
compatibility, so you only need one binary for basically all versions of
them.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schm...@schmorp.de