Hello,

I am evaluating libev for regular File I/O (disk based files). Going through
few emails on this mailing list and on basis of my understanding of Async I/O
behaviour on Linux, I believe:

(a) True AIO is not supported for disk based regular files as underlying OS
does not has support for it. Hence libev does not has support for it as it is
essentially an event loop.

(b) Posix AIO is not integrated with libev.

(c) libev does not use threads for even notifications on Linux (epoll, select
are used).

Can somebody verify the above findings?

PS: I am very new to libev, so please forgive me if i am incorrect here.

Thanks & Best Regards

Amit Gupta