On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 04:20:48PM +0200, Marc Lehmann <schm...@schmorp.de>
wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 01:16:11PM +0530, "Chaliha, Sayan"
> <sayan.chal...@in.verizonbusiness.com> wrote:
> > be invoked only once by design. I would like for a separate callback to
> > be invoked each time an ev_async_send is called on the watcher. If this
> > is not a feature you would put in production, I would be very grateful
> > if you could provide me with a patch.
>
> Will not happen - here is a non-exhaustive list why:

On second reading, you want separate callback, but how would libev know
which one you want? You need to tell it which one to invoke, and in fact,
that's already implemented by starting multiple ev_async watchers - that
way, you can tell libev which callback of multiple ones to invoke.

The arguments of my previous mail do still apply to this case - instead of
a queue or a counter, you would want another unspecified mechanism which
is trivial to provide yourself.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schm...@schmorp.de