On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 04:04:24PM +0100, Chris Herssens
<chris.herss...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to schedule a timer that generates an event every 500ms. Is it
> possible to do that with ev_timer ? Or is the resolution for this kind of
> timers seconds ?

Libev itself supports a resolution of at least one millisecond, but some
operating systems have (much) worse resolution. I think all of them have
enough resolution to make a 500ms timer a no-brainer though, if your
precision requirements are low enough.

Any modern unix or unix clone will usually give you <10ms resolution.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schm...@schmorp.de