On Wed, Apr 03, 2013 at 09:54:46AM +1100, Varun Chandramohan
<cvarunen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> question, so at line 78 if I removed if (events & EV_TIMEOUT) { }
> check will it be an issue. I dont see anything else calling this call back
> apart from this event. May be EV_ERROR perhaps?

The revents should only contain the bit flag for the event you asked for, and
EV_ERROR, at least from libevs side (you can feed other events manually, or
combine masks).

Now, regardless of receiving an error, you can always stop a watcher that
has been initialised, whether libev knows about it or not, so calling stop
functions is safe.

In addition, EV_ERROR usually means a programming error, so you never need
to check for it in a correctly wirtten program :) You can just assume that
a timer will always get an EV_TIMEOUT revents.

> Will you be able to tell me theoretically what was going on? I still not
> aware of what exactly went wrong. Also I have been
> using this manual http://doc.dvgu.ru/devel/ev.html for development. I could

For some reason, that russian site is very popular, but has a completely
outdated libev library and documentation. However, the antique libev
version on that side at least should match the documentation.

The documentation, incidentally, links to the most up-to-date version of
the docs in the DESCRIPTION:
http://pod.tst.eu/http://cvs.schmorp.de/libev/ev.pod

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schm...@schmorp.de