On 10/17/06, Scott Lamb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Oct 17, 2006, at 12:19 PM, Rhythmic Fistman wrote:
> On 10/17/06, Scott Lamb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> On Oct 17, 2006, at 11:08 AM, Rhythmic Fistman wrote:
>> > That's funny, there doesn't seem to be a self-pipe-trick
>> > implementation in lib-evt... how do you get by without it?
>>
>> There is, although it uses a socketpair() instead of a pipe().
>
> Ah, I was grepping "trick". It looks like it's used internally in
> the signal style implementations - so how does a multithreaded
> app get thread_dispatch to return when it's time to exit?

libevent doesn't have any interthread communication. But you can
layer stuff on top of it - look through the archives for a couple
posts by Andrew Danforth.

Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 21:42:35 -0400
From: "Andrew Danforth" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Libevent-users] Re: Passing data between event loops in
        multithreaded apps

and his code at <http://www.weirdness.net/code/libevent>

I've been thinking that a fancier threading system might perform
better, but I still haven't found the time to write and benchmark
different approaches.

--
Scott Lamb <http://www.slamb.org/>