After talking with Nick, I think the solution that makes the most
sense is to build three different libraries:

  - libevent-core which contains only the event loop
  - libevent-extras which contains DNS, HTTP, etc.
  - libevent which contains everything for backwards compatibility

That should make everyone happy.

Niels.