Hi!

While trying to port libev to win32, I ran into a number of issues with
libevent proper (which of course still is the major part of the sources).

Specifically:

- evdns.c, httpc and other files include include files such as unistd.h,
  which are not available under windows. consequently, they do not even
  compile on win32 (tested with the visual c compiler).

- is WIN32-Code/win32.c really the production-ready win32 backend?
  I can hardly believe this, as its basically not doing anything that
  the select backend doesn't do better and faster (for example, the win32
  backend does a linear search over all(!) registered event watchers
  on each event_add/event_del/select call).

  additionally, signals are not being handled correctly (race conditions)
  on win32, but thats likely not a big deal on that platform.

Looking around with google it seems that indeed, evdns et. al does not
build on windows (except when using e.g. cygwin, but thats trivial).

So I wonder if libevent as a whole is supported under windows at all in
current versions?

(and yes, this is with libevent-1.3e proper, not anything I wrote, to
avoid the off-topic argument again).

PS: the good news is, the libev core is now fully working on cygwin
    and native win32 (and the EV module, too, except the DNS part, which
    I didn't want to port to win32).

      ----==-- _       generation
      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      [EMAIL PROTECTED]