Chris Brody, el 10 de noviembre a las 00:02 me escribiste:
> First, I would like to make a happy report that I just got the latest
> eventxx & libev fixes (patching the latest cvs fixes into the
> libev-1.3e pre-release), built on OSX, and ran all but 2 tests
> (already known problems) OK. Thanks for the good work!
>
> Marc, I took a quick scan of the latest diffs and was
> pleased-especially with the conditional include file macro. I hadn't
> expected this would work so well...
>
> Now, I would like to add a "small" remark about the different versions
> of the event.h API in libev & libevent. eventxx is using its own check
> for ev_flags & EVLIST_ACTIVE as a guard before calling
> event_priority_set(). However, libev does not have these 2
> definitions. Even if libev did support priority, this would be a
> (small) issue.
>
> I think the easiest solution is for eventxx to remove this check,
> since it is already done by event_priority_set().

This check exists in eventxx to provide a better error reporting. Sadly,
libevent don't provide different error codes for diferent errors when
using event_priority_set() (just uses -1 for errors).

I could remove the check, but I think that makes eventxx worse. There are
a lot of hacks in eventxx to avoid libevent bugs or API/design problems, I
hope libev fix them. When I have some time I'll be happy to take a look at
libev native API to see if it worth rewriting eventxx to use it. Is there
any user documentation about the libev native API?

  \  GPG: 5F5A8D05 // F8CD F9A7 BF00 5431 4145  104C 949E BFB6 5F5A 8D05 /
Y cuando llegamos a nuestro hogar ella saca de su bolsillo derecho un
casete de Ricardo Montaner y nos dice: "Ponelo! Ponelo!"; nos
desilusionamos un poco, pero a esa altura... Todo da igual.
        -- Sidharta Kiwi