On Sat, Feb 09, 2008 at 11:41:47AM -0800, Niels Provos wrote:
> Please, take a look at the doxygen documentation.
>
> As for evbuffer - you never loose ownership of it, the data usually
> just gets removed from it.    The documentation could be clearer on
> that.

Ahh - okay - I get it ... But the doxygen Documentation mentions
about nil concerning the usage of evbuffers just how to allocate,
free get and put bytes into it. Something like this in the
evbuffer_new would be helpful.

        "An evbuffer stays always in the responsibility of the
        caller and it needs to be freed with evbuffer_free() after
        usage."

And for bufferevent_write_buffer:

        "Write data from an evbuffer to a bufferevent buffer. The
        data will be removed from the evbuffer which may be reused."

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]             +49-171-2280134
        Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little