Hello, everyone!

It's finally time to release a stable libevent again.  Libevent 1.4.3-stable
is now tagged and ready to go.  You can get the source here:

     http://monkey.org/~provos/libevent-1.4.3-stable.tar.gz

There are a few bug fixes since 1.4.2-rc.  Here's a summary of what's
changed since the last rc in this series:

 - Kqueue fixes
   - Make event_reinit() work properly with kqueue.
 - HTTP fixes:
   - We now include Content-Length when replying to HTTP/1.0 requests with
     keep-alive.
   - More functions in http.c are now threadsafe.
 - DNS fixes:
   - Stop deleting uninitialized timeout events.

See the changelog for full details.

This is only what's new since the last release candidate, 1.4.2-rc.
The 1.4.x series as a whole has lots of new features since the 1.3
series.  I'll send a copy of the "What's New" document to the list in
my next message.

Many thanks to everybody who sent in code, including Christopher
Layne, Scott Lamb, and many others.  Key bug reporters include Charles
Kerr, Ilya Martynov, and others on sourceforge.  To report a bug, make
a feature request, or submit code, you can use our sourceforge
interface here:

  https://sourceforge.net/projects/levent

many thanks,
--