Shiqing Fan wrote:
Hi all,
Hi,

I'm testing Libevent 1.3 with VS2005 on Windows.

The same problem below there happens on my machine, select() always returns -1. Does anyone know the reason? Sorry for polling this old mail up, I just found someone has asked the same question that I got, but no answer. Thanks a lot.
I believe the problem was that select() does not work on file descriptors on Windows, as it does on *NIX systems.

Cheers,
Bas Verhoeven

Regards,
Shiqing

But when I run 'event-test', it seems to die at select():

   V:\dev\libevent-svn\WIN32-Prj\event_test\Debug>event_test.exe
   [msg] libevent using: win32
   [debug] event_add: event: 002DFF1C, EV_READ   call 00433CE0
   [debug] win32_insert: adding event for 916
   [debug] win32_dispatch: select returned -1

Any idea why it would do that, and what I can do to fix it? I would really like to start using libevent on windows.

Cheers,
Bas Verhoeven