On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 08:09:18AM -0500, jamal wrote:
> olla,
>
> I dont know what the process for submitting patches here,
> but this is against version 1.4.9.
>
> This makes it easier to integrate libraries that provide their own
> read/write functions (such as openssl).

Hi, Jamal!

Thanks for the patch, but the Libevent 2 dev series (currently calling
itself "1.4.99") handles evbuffers and bufferevents significantly
differently.  (Old code still works, but the implementation is more
efficient.)  We're trying to keep the 1.4.x series as stable as
possible, and put new features into 2.0.

This reminder goes for everybody writing patches: if you have a
feature patch (not a bugfix) that you want to go into the next version
of Libevent, please make sure your patch is against the trunk of the
subversion repository, not against the latest stable release.

(Instructions for getting Libevent from subversion are here:
   http://sourceforge.net/svn/?group_id=50884
The URL you want to check out is
   https://levent.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/levent/trunk/libevent )

(As for the actual patch, it looks a lot more like the kind of problem
we'd try to solve in 2.0 with a specialized bufferevent implementation.)

yrs,
--
Nick