On Fri, Mar 20, 2009, Dan Kegel wrote:

> p.s. oh, yeah, I suppose I care about the error valgrind reported.
> Does libevent
> need to zero out some memory to avoid this?

Well, the same happens with linux epoll and valgrind. The thing is,
not all of the memory being passed into the syscall needs to have been
touched. Valgrind hasn't any insight into the -structure- you've passed
in.

What you can do is use the valgrind hooks to tell valgrind which bits
of the memory are actually meant to be used (ie, what the parameters
in the kqueue call translate to) and then see if you get errors, or
do what we did in Squid - just tell valgrind to ignore that entire
parameter :)

Adrian